· A wearable object, engraved with characters that are supposed to possess occult powers to manifest a specific desire or outcome in it’s owner’s life.
· Anything which exercises a powerful positive influence on human feelings or actions.
· A wearable object, engraved with characters that are supposed to possess occult powers to ward off evil, harm or illness, and generally acting to protect it’s owner.
· Anything which exercises a powerful protective influence on human feelings or actions.
Benefits of Talismans and Amulets: Talismans and amulets are objects created and charged to amplify personal power. Whether used to focus energy on protection from harm, drawing luck, attracting love, attaining wealth or for other purposes, these objects have a specific vision in mind. When the item is worn, it not only allows the user to harness the power they have imbued the talisman with, but also serves as a focal point to renew an energetic focus toward manifesting a particular desire.
As you go about your day, touch the item, feel it against the body. Occasionally allowing the magical intent of the talisman or amulet to be felt, its effects gaining strength over time and with repeated use. This helps to access the law of attraction; when one is positively (as in keeping the faith that your intention is powerful and effective) focused on a given vision, that energy can magnetize the outcome into being. It is important to note, however, that a great deal of the power of talismans and amulets is subconscious. Fretting over results is a negative fixation, and will ultimately work against your wishes. Trust in your magic and allow our abundant universe to take care of you in due course.
The symbol adorning each talisman or amulet is a unique character or ‘sigil’, designed by the creator of the piece with the wishes of the user in mind. This sigil has been crafted with a specific intention, and has been cleansed and consecrated to be charged with your energy to perform its unique function. To activate the talisman, you will want to take care to cleanse, consecrate and charge your object – in a way that is meaningful to you and your purposes. Below are suggestions for how to do this:
Cleansing: To cleanse an object, you are not cleaning it on a physical level, you are ‘cleansing’ it on an energetic level. Cleansing disassociates items with their past frequencies. You want to wipe the vibrational slate clean to attune it with your own energy, or that which is conducive to your objectives.
There are many ways to cleanse an object:
- Burn a cleansing incense like sage, and run the object through the smoke.
- Bury it in the earth for a while, or in a bowl of salt or dirt.
- Soak it in salt water or hold it under running water from a natural source.
- Pass it quickly through a candle flame.
Consecrating: Consecrating an object means to elevate it’s purpose to a spiritual one through some act of blessing. You can consecrate anything—you can consecrate your jewelry, your tools, even the ground under your house, but do remember this: once consecrated, the item is sacred, and should be treated accordingly.
Some ways to consecrate an item include:
- Say a prayer over it, dedicating the use of the object to it’s intended purpose.
- Anoint the object with oils that are also cleansed, charged and consecrated.
- Consecrate it by Air, Earth, Fire and Water in a blessing ritual: run it through incense smoke, sprinkle salt on it, pass it through flame and sprinkle water on it.
- Elevate the intent of the item to do the good work of our abundant universe, that all hands and acts help each other to provide for the needs of the whole.
Charging: Charging something is empowering it with your energy. You might imbue it with positivity, or charge it so its vibration is aligned with a specific intention. Charging requires raising our own energy level and then directing it into the object. The method you choose depends on your preferences as well as the item you are charging.
There are many ways to charge an object:
- Dance, chant or meditate to raise power, then imaginatively pour that energy in to the object through movement, song or focused intent.
- Perform a small ritual to raise energy and intent to invest in the item.
- Perform a visualization, transferring your energy and intent to the talisman, and releasing it to perform its function in the world.
- Create something entirely your own, that accomplishes this aim in the best way for you and your belief system!
Talismans and Amulets for attracting desires and repelling negative forces, featuring alchemical symbols, planetary seals, witches’ notation, Ogham and Nordic staves, Futhark bindrunes, Cycladic spirals, Slavic folk patterns and original sigil designs.